Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Monday, August 19, 2013

My Life Is A Romantic Comedy

...minus the romance.


Well, what can I say? The wedding yesterday was unexpectedly fun. Sure, I'd anticipated it would be somewhat enjoyable, but not like it was. I don't know, maybe it was just about being able to let loose a little. Perhaps it was the pent-up energy from sitting in too much traffic, the adrenaline rush from going from idle to overdrive super quickly. Maybe it was the feeling of being made-up and dressed to the nines, knowing I was turning heads as I walked by. (Alright, I know that sounds vain, but I was living in the moment...) Or could it have been being surrounded by testosterone, the type that doesn't refuse to make eye contact with females, all the cute guys that were pretty undeniably taken? Okay, I admit, there are different types of taken, and just maybe I'm not accustomed to everyone having to bring a date to a wedding. And, possibly the 'cute' part is the alcohol talking -- beer goggles and all that. I promise, I only had two drinks, a Sea Breeze and a Mojito, but it could be that the open bar was contributing to the buzz. I think, though, that the stunning decor, ambiance, and good food helped a lot too. Thinking back, I was in a really good mood, uber confident, totally chilled, super loose, chattering a lot, a bit less inhibited than usual, but that was even before I took one sip of free drinks. Hmmm, well, there's definitely overtiredness somewhere in that mix too to blame.

As I was leaving, I passed a guy in the lobby already in his street clothes; his T-shirt read, "I am awesome." I had the stupid inclination to ask him if it was just his shirt that was awesome, or the dude inside it too. I considered greeting him, "Hey 'Awesome,' nice to meet you!" I didn't. I don't really remember what he looked like, since it was his shirt that stood out, but perhaps I just didn't think he was worth it, even in my fake-buzz, hyper, overtired state.

Pulling out of the place, I passed friends posing and taking pictures by the lit-up coach out front. In my high-minded mood I sent them a text that read: "Hey gorgeous, You left your glass slipper. Call me if you want it back. Signed, Your Handsome Prince Charming." The text was sent anonymously, so we had some good fun with that one during our car ride home.

The day was definitely worth the road trip, even if there was excessive traffic both ways. I couldn't help but wonder though, as I do by almost every wedding I attend, when my prince will arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews