Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

And Life Goes On

This was written by a friend. I think she hit so many real sentiments I had to post it.

When you settle into married life
While I'm still looking for the one man who will call me his wife

When you hear you're expecting you're thrilled to finally almost have it all
While I'm still waiting for a reference to return my call

When you give birth, a family at last,your heart is filled with joy and song
While I'm hopeful this boy will be the one that will make me belong

When your life becomes busier than ever and your baby keeps you up late
All while I'm still waiting to hear back from the shadchan after another first date

When you rejoice that he has finally learned to crawl
While for me it didn't work out and I don't have the tears left to bawl

When the years fly by you can't believe it's time for his first day of school, it can't be so
While I'm still back, or so it sometimes seems, where I started more than a decade ago

When he gets up and leins at his bar mitzva, you cry, your big boy, an adult, you can't believe it's your son
While I'm trying so hard not to give up and say that I'm done

When everyone wishes you mazel tov your heart swells with the nachas you are reaping that you know can't be fulfilled any other way
While I wait and wait and just continue to pray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews