Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's

While I'm not naturally a cynic (okay, maybe only partly cynical), I truly believe that Valentine's Day was created with green, not red/pink, in mind. I'm a romantic when it comes to love, but Valentine's Day isn't about that. Some holidays are simply created for commercial purposes, and Valentine's Day is the most guilty of this.

I love the GIECO gecko meme reading "I just saved a bunch of money on Valentine's Day by switching to single." 

It's not to say that we shouldn't appreciate our significant others, get them gifts, flowers, chocolates...but does there need to be a holiday to do that?

Scrolling through my feed, I noticed an article titled, "We Need To Stop Treating Being Single Like A Disease." Totally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews