Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Monday, November 28, 2016

How to Win My Heart

I'm a hopeless romantic, a sucker for romantic gestures and basically in love with love. On a good day this is tempered by a modicum of sarcasm to keep things real –– the idealistic dreamer in me steered by the realistic skeptic.

I don't mind dating, because I like meeting new people and connecting with them. The one-and-dones do grate on me though, and I would probably prefer to skip those altogether given a choice. I hate endless dating as much as the next gal, and I would rather settle down with "The One," but I can appreciate the process with someone I've clicked with.

Stiff formal shidduch dating can be a drag for me, and I prefer hanging out in more relaxed environments and doing fun things together. Hotels dates are okay once I've been dating someone for awhile and we just want to chill or have a serious conversation, because there's only so much small talk I can handle with no distractions. I especially like connection-focused activities like Loaded Questions-type games that foster self-disclosure, vulnerability, transparency, and closeness.

The setting of a date also plays a part, and the ocean or other beautiful natural scenery gets extra points. When we're talking restaurant ambience, I go for the steakhouse over the pizza shop every time. A cute cafe works too, but if we're talking dinner, fleishig over milchig all the way.

I'll often have a talk about where we're holding in a relationship, and I always want to know what he's thinking/feeling and if we're on the same page. Genuineness and the ability to be real is really important for me in a relationship. Flowers, gifts for no reason, letters, and Love Actually-esque romantic gestures are my thing. I enjoy connecting, communicating, and building relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews