Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Waiting Game

I have arrived at the waiting place.
People scurry to and fro catching their trains.
I sit and watch, for my train has not yet arrived.
People appear so busy…
Busy with games I haven’t been given the pieces to yet
Why have some people been placed on the pitcher’s mound with instructions to “play a great game”
While others sit on the bench watching and waiting for their turn at bat?
Are those players more qualified? Better in some way?
How does sitting on the bench ready me for the game?
Which train has a seat with my name on it? Which roster has me listed as its starred player?
How long will I have to wait and watch everyone embark on their journeys?
When will it be my turn to take my golden ticket and traverse the threshold into the next stage?
Quietly sitting in the waiting place…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews