Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Staircase

a

trek up

a winding staircase

finding no end in sight

it truly seems to go on and on

forever and ever and ever and ever

taking a short, brief breather on a landing

to begin the hike again without very much respite

an elevator at the very next landing, merely but a mirage

dragging a big bag packed with essentials for the destination

if only I could get to that place at some point, hopefully very soon

perhaps the down escalator that I am scaling will suddenly switch to up

until then I heft my heavy bursting haversack over my shoulder and brace myself

I wonder where I will get the supplies to continue the journey without tapping out or giving up

but I continue because what choice do I have and where else do I go from here, stuck in the middle of nowhere

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews