Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Life's A Beach

Gazing out over the ocean
The wrath of the stormy seas
Pondering how thin
The guise of paradise can be

It takes but a rainy day at the beach
That sends you scurrying for cover
All the truths and lies about utopia
No longer hard to unearth and discover

Some days the sun shines down
Enveloping me in its warm embrace
Others it is shrouded by clouds
And all but hides its face

But it is there either way
This I am certain of and know
Because if it was not
None of these flowers or palm leaves would grow

Presently the wind tousles my hair
Its breath warm on my neck
For whatever hardship today
It promises me a rain check

Things don't always happen
The way that I decide
Things don't always go my way
Not even at the seaside

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews