Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Musings of a Sunny Day at the Lake

The sun is bright, illuminating my world. Its warm rays kiss my cheek as I gaze out over the calm cyan lake focusing on everything and nothing. The warm wind playfully whips my hair around my face. In response to the breeze, the dry wheat-colored reeds ripple and whisper.

Although it's close to ninety degrees and feels like summer, many of the trees are still bare, consequence of a late spring. Yet, the bald trees stand tall and proud, not allowing anything to mock them. They may not have their leaves or colorful blossoms yet, as the world expects them to, but they will, at their own pace. There isn't much the tree can do to hurry its bloom along; they are at the mercy of G-d.

Dogs yip at each other; their owners exchange friendly greetings. Runners sprint by, already on their third or fourth lap around the lake. They are people busy with a mission, while I just sit here and wonder what is mine. The ducks honk noisily as if to say, "Yes, go and accomplish something!"

But what? I'm not stuck here on my own accord.

Birds chirp and tweedle, a car alarm wails off in the distance. Water laps quietly against the shore. Cars drive by, their engines thrumming. Bugs click and hum. A woodpecker knocks rhythmically against a tree. A bee buzzes by. Fluffy white clouds of cotton float listlessly through the brilliant azure sky. Flags merrily wave from their posts. An ant scurries across this page in my notebook.

A cacophony of nature that somehow blends together, each thing playing its part in the big picture. And then there's little me sitting on a bench, reflecting on it all, wondering what my piece is in this big puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews