Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Roll With The Punches

It's so easy to rant about all the things that go wrong, complain about negatives, but it's important to also be cognizant of the things that go in our favor.

Things have been a bit tough for me lately, but I think because I was counting the things as they went wrong, I stopped to realize the things that went right. It's tremendous when you're able to count your blessings, however small they may be. When there is so much potential for things to go badly, whenever they don't, it's a positive.

When I talk about things going wrong, I'm refering to the small everyday kind of stuff. This can work for big things too, but they're in a different category. I had a run-in with a superior at work. I didn't get the job I interviewed for and thought I had a fighting shot at. I had a really bad date. Only two of my clients showed up one day at work. A car backed into me and damaged my scratchless new car. I could continue all the things I wish would have been different, but I don't need to spell it all out to get my point across.

This shift of recognizing the small positives things, like I didn't have traffic on the way to work, I didn't have to go to jury duty because my number wasn't called, I got a 'yes' from a potential new date, etc., helps me look at things differently.

Yes, there is a lot that I wish happened differently. Yet, life has it's ups and downs; that's just how things are. We cope through the bad and rejoice in the good. Don't you wish you could bottle that good feeling though for when you feel beat? One tall Euphoria to go please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews