Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Tall Euphoria To Go Please

I wish that I could hold onto that feeling of euphoria
From when things have gone my way,
Put it in a package
For some other rainy day.


I wish that I could bottle that feeling-
The taste of success that’s oh so sweet,
Save it for some other time
When I’m feeling totally beat.


When I work hard and accomplish
And fruits of my labor I do reap,
I wish I could stash away that great feeling
For a time I feel like I need to weep.


I realize though that in reality life’s not really like that.
We need to ride the waves - the ups and downs,
Many times we will feel like smiling
But understand it’s also okay to frown.


So we need to hold onto our achievements
And recognize our true worth - we should;
You don’t need to be floating
To about yourself feel good.


But after a long day,
Perhaps when things are about to blow;
It’d be great if I could grab that
Tall euphoria to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews