Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Saturday, December 28, 2013

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Or at least that's what they say
How long does it take to kick in though
It certainly doesn't happen in a day

I hit a roadblock
And I'm facing adversity
It leaves me feeling vulnerable
And full of uncertainty

But at some point I know that
This situation will help me
When I face other hardships
It'll be easier to a certain degree

Yet that's only so because it'll mean
I've lost my innocence and naiveté
Things I wish I could've held onto
And not let be torn away

Scar tissue is stronger
I know that that is true
And building strong muscles takes
Pain endurance too

One can't be sheltered his whole life
He needs to go through tough stuff and grow
G-d gives you only what you can handle
This truth you must hold onto and know

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews