Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Monday, January 28, 2013

A Dater Not A Wait-er

I may be a dater,
But I needn’t be a “wait-er.”
I won’t let life pass me by
While I await my proper guy.

I can get caught up living for the future,
But I need to realize the present can be super.
When I fantasize about that day to come,
To the moment I am numb.
I fail to recognize the good in the second,
As my future happiness beckons.

Even though I am single,
My life can still assume a twinkle.
There’s so much good I can miss,
Because most of it I dismiss
When I think life starts after I meet him,
And before then all is grim.

Though the in-between stage can be hard,
I won’t play the sympathy card.
Dating may not be fun,
Yet it’s part and parcel of this run.
Feeling left out is another trial of this stage,
Waiting to join all my friends who’ve turned the page.

Yet, I won’t compare myself to all those who’ve moved on,
To those who have down the aisle gone.
Only my reality plays a part here,
My reasons for wanting to move on are truly sincere.

I’ve got to ride the waves, the ups and downs,
Realizing it’s okay to smile and to frown.
It’s a challenge, I won’t deny,
Playing this game I want to defy.

But it’s my reality you see,
Only when I accept it can I be free.
When I relinquish my pseudo control,
I can better understand my role.
G-d is the One in charge,
To succeed, my trust in Him I must recharge.

As painful as this parsha is,
I know it’s a nisayon, a quiz.
G-d is the diamond cutter, and the diamond is I,
This process is to make me more beautiful thereby.

Although, as much as I trust in G-d and live in the moment,
Getting married is still a big proponent.
Yet, just because I am dater,
I refuse to be a wait-er.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews