Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Goodbye...Forever

It’s not that I don’t value you
I still see you the same,
But we’ve said goodbye and closed the door
Went elsewhere to stake our claim.

The decision that we made
Was with both our good in mind,
So when you ask me to revisit this
I find myself in quite a bind.

In order to try again
We’ll need to invest more than before,
When all I want to do is put up a wall
And not a door.

I’m scared I’ll get hurt again
Or the pain will belong to you,
This feeling of “it’s not going to work”
Will not be anything new.

It’s not that I don’t value you
You have so many good qualities,
But we’ve said goodbye
And it’s forever - understand that please.

I know you respect my judgment
Which makes this harder here for me,
Am I acting too harsh or too rigid
How do I know what’s the right way to be?

I just feel that it will only serve to harm us
Revisiting what we had,
It will remind us what we cannot have
The situation will be everything and bad.

So goodbye forever once again
You know we can’t "just be friends,"
It just cannot work like that
This, like before, needs to be the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews