Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Monday, September 12, 2016

Just Someone I Used to Know

We broke up amicably enough. We liked each other, we clicked, we had a lot in common, but for whatever reasons things just couldn't work between us. We were close, we leaned on each other emotionally. I let you in, and you knew me, really knew me; I felt like I knew you too. We were happy together. Things felt good when were together. We so enjoyed each other's company; I felt safe with you.

You said we could still be friends. Of course we couldn't; there isn't room for intergender non-platonic relationships within our worlds.

And now when I see you, you treat me like it never happened, like we were nothing. You treat me like a stranger. We were close, at least I thought we were, and now I don't know you.

Did you have to cheapen what we had? We don't have to talk, but you didn't have to put up a wall. You don't have to pretend like we didn't share the experiences and conversations that we did.

There is a level in which you have a close friend that you don't talk to frequently. I get why that would be hard. Couldn't we just have pretended that we were walking that line?

Now I'm thinking that maybe I misunderstood you all along. Maybe we never really wanted the same thing out of a relationship. Did I ever really know you? Were you ever going to truly let me in? Why do you hold your cards so close to your vest?

It hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews