Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Friday, September 16, 2016

What I've Learned About Being an Empath

I think I am an Empath; I portray many characteristics of being an Empath. I feel others pain, and it takes conscious effort for me to not absorb or try to fix it. In relationships I often to try to put other people first, as others' happiness is important to me as my own. My relationships can get intense fast, because I read other people's energy and emotion, and I desire to connect on a deep level. I connect with people who are suffering, and I want to heal and help them. I have an inquisitive mind, always looking for answers, analyzing and theorizing. I want to understand things, and I follow down explanations and answers. I'm creative and passionate; I love designing, crafting, art, nature, music, acting. I like uncluttered space, as disarray clutters my psyche. I hate when people are put down or bullied, even inadvertently. I'm very sensory, and certain repetitive sounds, smells, and even textures bother me. I like to think of my self as a life-seeker, an adventurer, always up for the next challenge. Being an empath is a blessing and a curse.

I need to constantly remind myself that I cannot fix people. People can only fix themselves. I need to remember that validation doesn't come from others' entrusting me with their feelings/pain. I do not need to "take care" of anyone. I need to live authentically and cannot live beneath anyone's manipulation/charm. My heart is open, maybe too open, so please if I entrust you with it, please don't take advantage of me.


Read about the Toxic Attraction Between Empaths and Narcissists 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews