Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Empty Nest

My last single friend (that I haven't made in the last year or so) is getting married today -- the last bird to fly from the nest. What was once a squawking blur of colorful feathers, now a quiet monotone of sticks.

Just like parents don't want to hold back their children from sprouting wings and flying the coop, I have no bitterness towards all my friends who have moved on without me. It's just a lonely lonely place without them.

Luckily, I've been blessed to meet some really cool chicks (pun intended) over the last year or so, and they're doing a great job keeping me company. Still, I just feel really left behind. Why have my wings been clipped? Why must I stay behind in the dirty sticks and earth?

So, I'll dance at her wedding, have a good time, and see her off into the sunset. I'm happy for her, but sad for me. Tinges of green.

1 comment:

Pageviews