Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

My Life As The Bachelorette

I feel like my life is a never ending season of a dating show. Every so often a new guy gets introduced and gets his chance to try to win my heart. We go on dates, some good ones, some bad ones. I give out my roses, choosing who to keep and who to send home. Some hearts get broken, including my own, and we go on playing the game week after week, year after year.

Of course there's drama, as in every good dating show there is. Sometimes it's the superbly fake canned lines daters use to try to woo me, sometimes it's the lack of game and the ones that go straight for the stab without stopping to find out how I feel first. It's the yawningly boring dates that stretch out late into the night as I try to find some common ground as we debate why Trump could never run the country or why it's so important to like what you do professionally. Sometimes it's the ones I've sent home or who have rejected me that come back for another shot. There's always a story, and I'm stuck in the middle of it.

Will there ever be the happily ever after? Who will receive the final rose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews