Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Dignity for Singles

Someone sent me the link to Chananya Weissman's post on The Times of Israel titled "Dignity for Singles."  I'll let you read it yourself instead of rewriting it.

I think he pointed out many important ideas, and I related to a lot of them. Perhaps his article is similar to the article we wrote, which has yet to be published, outlining various perspectives from singles regarding the so called "shidduch crisis" and how people can help instead of hurt. However, I think that something that was missing from Weissman's post was the positive side to all this. I really feel like it would behoove us to remember that despite the frequent unkindness and insensitivity that we are subjected to as singles, there is so much chesed that goes on trying to help all those that are searching for their soulmates.

It never helps to stereotype and stigmatize on either end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews