Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Sunday, August 20, 2017

And Here We Go...

So, this is what happens when I meet someone I start thinking I'm beginning to like...

My mind goes on overdrive trying to analyze why it will work and why it won't. I start to think about what will happen when we break up, wonder how much it will hurt. Will we date long enough that it's going to sting like the last one? How long will we date for? What will it feel like? What will be the things that will do us in?

Oh, to be young and untraumatized. I remember a time when the only concern was, "Do I want to spend more time with this guy?" Now it's become about, "How much potential do I see; is it enough to be worth the potential devastation of letting another one in and then letting him go?"

It's not a way to date, I know.

And so, I call upon Brene Brown, “Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, belonging, joy, courage, empathy, and creativity. It is the source of hope, empathy, accountability, and authenticity. If we want greater clarity in our purpose or deeper and more meaningful lives, vulnerability is the path.”

Despite what my inner cautionary voice and all the "helpful" people in my life are saying, vulnerability is all I know how to do anyway. I relish in creating deep meaningful relationships, connecting with people and getting to know them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews