Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Saturday, August 26, 2017

It's Just A Rock

It's just a rock
Procured from deep inside a time warp
One I got lost in
Can anyone else really understand 
I've kept the rock with me
It's grounding
A reminder of sorts
I'm not sure I want to remember
I don't know how to forget
To turn off the movie
Lower the sound
Get a grip on time
Make sense of everything
Go back to how things were
Does that me even exist anymore
It's the starting over that's the hardest
Something right now I can't even imagine doing
If only life came with a "fast forward" button
Help this healing progress faster
How can so short a experience change me so much
Moving forward
However slow my pace
Learning to live again
Letting go
It's just a rock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews