Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Thursday, August 24, 2017

One Heartbreak Closer To Happily Ever After

Immediate connection
Shared wit and banter
Leading towards
Happily ever after
...or devastation and disaster?

Deal-breakers
Heartbreaker
Why do I feel like
Such a faker

Expectations
Aspirations
Communication
Frustrations

So short
But so long
Now hearing, on repeat,
The haunting melody of our song

So close
Yet so far
How did we get to
Where it is that we are

When all you can give
Isn't enough
All disappearing
With just a puff

Letting go is so hard
But holding on is too
Especially when you know
Something is not right for you

So much to say
No words to describe
At loss to communicate
What I'm feeling inside

Our music crescendos
As I walk away
Making me wonder if instead of folding
I should have played

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews