Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Friday, August 25, 2017

Better to Have Loved and Lost?

I handed you my heart
You let me in
I walked away
No way you could win

Better to have loved and lost?
I'd prefer to have loved and won
Something perhaps to consider
Now that it's all said and done

I went all in
Now I'm done and out
At some points I'm clear
Other moments plagued with doubt

So hard to lose you
Harder to lose myself in us
Don't want to feel like I'm settling
You deserve someone who loves all of you, plus

Don't want to be like
Into you I'm pouring my all
And you accept it
But the difference it makes is small

I don't want to play with your feelings
Just because I'm unsure of my own
I needed to let you go
Get out of the zone

You're left holding a part of me
I would like to believe
Similarly, I can't figure out how
This piece of your heart I have you can retrieve

So take good care of it
No matter what happens next
You're forever a part of my story
And not just another ex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews