Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Friday, October 14, 2016

Jellybeans and Emunah

If we each have a jar that's in need of filling in order for us to get married, then hishtadlus can be likened to jellybeans.

It's the emunah/hishtadlus balance. The more emunah you have, the less hishtadlus you need. Because we're not on the level of having 100% pure faith and trust in G-d, we have a jar that needs filling.

Some of the jellybeans might be tasty colors, like green, blue, and pink. Others, may be not as appetizing.

According to this analogy, my friends and I started rating shidduchim (by how complicated they are) by jellybeans and jellybean flavors. The more I have to put it in for a situation, ie. the harder something is, the more jellybeans I earn.

It actually makes things a little easier, putting them into perspective like this.

We just wonder why some people's jars seem to be ever so much larger than others'.

Shout out to Monday Jellybeans LLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews