Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Monday, October 31, 2016

If Life Is A Game

Sometimes I feel like a character in a video game. I'm the protagonist stuck playing an endless loop of whatever level I'm running in, ducking attacks from oncoming obstacles, and I'm high-jumping, sometimes picking up coins and prizes, but other times totally and completely missing them.

Occasionally the path is clear, and I need only my momentum to keep me going. Other times the way is strewn with hurdles, and I must strategize to get over or around them. There are Bowsers that block the way to my goal, and I need to work hard fighting them off to keep them from capturing what is most dear to me.

I think I need some cheat codes.

2 comments:

  1. i like the parable to a video game. I think everyone has a somewhat similar job as the character in the game, but some of us have a nicer looking backdrop if you know what I mean. Keeping jumping over those hurdles!

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews