Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Busy Busy

"It's sooo nice you're keeping busy," she cooed.

Yes, I am a girl with assorted hobbies; there are a lot of things I enjoy doing and engage in regularly. I'm always involved in various projects, and I fill up my time with numerous meaningful pursuits. I try not to come home from work, sit in the dark and cry because I'm not coming home to a husband and kids. I also don't like to sit around and watch TV/movies; it gets boring after awhile, and I just end up feeling like I'm wasting my time.

I like most things nature, and depending on the weather, I'm hiking, biking, climbing (@ItTakesALongTimeToBecomeYoung you still owe me a double black), and I have a fondness for water-sports. I fancy myself an amateur photographer, my photos mostly of landscapes/seascapes and other natural scenery. I dabble in photobook creation and video editing/making. Around Purim that becomes some serious scriptwriting/improv, acting, and Purim shpiel video production.

I have a penchant for all things crafty, and so I do a fair amount of DIY projects and crafting. Sometimes I make jewelry, and I'd love one day to maybe even learn how to sew professionally to actually create the styles I sketch. I design too, graphic design for flyers, cards, webpages, and the like, and I mess around in interior decorating, working with layouts, color schemes, and furnishings. Painting is therapeutic for me; I mostly work with acrylics on canvas (though on occasion it'll be watercolor, gouache, or oil paint), natural landscapes my muses for the most part. I've completed a wall mural or two as well.

Not sure if this counts as a hobby, but I'm the one planning parties, picking themes, finding venues, arranging/designing tables and centerpieces, and making up games. Working out is another pastime of mine, though that's mostly just to stay fit/healthy. I like cooking and sometimes baking too, always on the lookout for delicious new concoctions. I also read a fair amount, and I try to keep up on all things important. Nightly learning with a friend keeps me going too.

I do a lot of writing –– currently maintaining this blog, blogging occasionally for my professional website, writing a book, and laying the groundwork for a novel I'm planning to co-author. My writing has recently expanded to composing song (lyric)s, and I still pen and disseminate Torah thoughts for each chag.

Traveling and vacationing is on the list too, but I think I'd be able to put more pins in the map if I had a bulkier cash flow and a regular vacation buddy. Like every normal girl, I also like just chilling with friends and going shopping.

All of the aforementioned, plus spending time with family and friends, and working full-time, along with other random pursuits, keep my life pretty full.

Why is it because we're single, we're "keeping busy," but our married counterparts are just living their lives and filling it with productive enjoyable ventures?

4 comments:

  1. I like the question you pose. Perhaps, when people get married they learn to focus on others rather than developing themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant that in essence we're doing the same thing but it's called something different...

      Delete
  2. I'll give you a double black when you give me a Xanax.

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews