Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Friday, December 2, 2016

Dating Showdown: Which Way Is Harder?

Which is more difficult: dating a lot or not dating at all?

Some people would rather to be dating all the time, feeling like they're popular, people are thinking about them, they're wanted, etc. Maybe dating is fun and they like connecting with new people. Dating also helps to feel like they're doing something to change their single status. You can't get married if you're not dating, after all.

On the other hand, dating a lot and not meeting the right one could make someone feel like there are no normal people out there, that this is all an exercise in futility. Also, it's taxing to keep meeting new people and go on date after date. For a girl there's a lot of prep involved, and for a guy it might be annoying to constantly plan and finance. There may be traveling involved too. There's definitely time and energy invested. Dating someone for a long time and then breaking it off is also hard. Emotions are invested and heartbreak it real.

Not dating though has its own sets of challenges. It leaves people to think: Maybe nobody likes me, so no one is interested to go out with me. Perhaps there's something "wrong" with me. No one is thinking about me. I feel dejected and discouraged. Will I ever get married? I can't get married if I don't date. I have no chance at this if I'm not meeting people; my dating skills will get rusty.

Which is the lesser of the two evils?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews