Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Myth or Fact? Guys Mature Later

Girls mature earlier than guys, hands down. Science supports this fact that females mature in specific cognitive and emotional areas before males do; it has to do with the optimization of brain connectivity.

Obviously, this isn't true across the board, as there are a lot of guys who mature younger than their peers, and there are plenty of girls that think they're ready for marriage that aren't mature. For this reason, there isn't a blanket "right" age for people to begin to pursue marriage.

I've gone out with some guys who were a lot older than me that weren't even close to what you may call a grown up, and part of me wonders if they will ever get there. On the other hand, I've met some younger guys that were responsible adults with an impressive maturity level.

I'm sure we all have a different definition of what's mature, but I think most girls would agree that calling a girl "hot stuff" and fighting over who gets to date her or "dating geography" in which each player has to name a girl who is in shidduchim whose name starts with the last letter of the previous player's play...toes that line. Personally, I'm not sure if it's funny or pathetic.

Sometimes a couple grows up together. Sometimes marriage and responsibility helps the couple along. And sometimes, the girl learns to just roll her eyes and let her male counterpart indulge in whatever it is that seems childish to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews