Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Can Dating Someone Be a Segula For Marriage?

Okay, so obviously, if we're talking segulos in the sense that you're doing something specific to bring about something, obviously dating would be the biggest segula for marriage. It's hard to get married if you don't date (or engage in any other like activities of meeting someone). So then let me explain what I mean.  

Guys tend to get engaged/married right after dating me for a long time. It's happened in two out of the four serious relationships I've had. One of them came on the heels of a very long on and off relationship, and nine weeks after we finally broke up the final round, he was engaged. The other one I dated for a relatively long time too, and we almost got engaged. The breakup was out of nowhere, and five later weeks, almost to the day, he was engaged.

So there you have it. Dating me seriously is a segula for marriage (to the next girl). 

I've tried to understand this rationally, but I'm not sure that there's a logical explanation. Here's my attempt at trying to figure it out. 

Maybe you believe the theory about how a guy has his pick of girls, so when he wants to settle down he will with whoever is at hand, ie. until he decides to get married it doesn't matter who he dates. Perhaps in the course of dating me, I've helped him figure out what he wants and needs, so he's ready for marriage with the next girl. Even if it couldn't work out with us, maybe our relationship made him realize how good a relationship can feel, so he settles down with next girl (who is better suited for him). Or maybe there's a certain amount of hishtadlus we have to do before meeting our bashert, and dating me (or anyone) for a long time finally fills up the jellybean jar.

Possibly I'm a segula, or just some bad rebounding is happening. I sometimes think about how they're just someone I dated, but I will forever be the girl they dated for a long time (longer than they dated their wife) before they got married. ...Happy rebounding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews