Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Friday, January 13, 2017

Yeses and Nos

Nothing about him really jumps out at me. There isn't really a definite reason for me to say he isn't for me, but I'm just not excited about dating him. Do I have to agree to go out with him just because he wants to go out with me?

So obviously, I know the answer; it's no, I don't have to date him, but sometimes I feel like "saying no" to someone who "says yes" to me can be me messing things up. Maybe he doesn't stand out on paper, but if I met him we would hit it off. Who knows? Usually I think if a resume is coming across my inbox with interest from a guy, I feel like we should already be ballpark. Honestly, sometimes we're not even in the same league.

Perhaps it's harder to be a guy with resumes inundating you all the time, not knowing who to look into and who to say yes to, especially if a shadchan sends you five resumes at once, but at least you know that likely a lot of them are no shychis.

I used to take every "yes" very seriously and make serious inquires about each guy, but now I think I've gotten to the point that unless I haven't dated in awhile and I'm bored, if the idea doesn't sound promising/appealing, it isn't treated equally. I just can't afford to go out with everyone. The cost is too high; it weighs on me emotionally.

There are enough people who I date that I think going into it that it could be something, and it ends up being a complete waste of time/energy. Why should I go out with the person I pretty much know before will be a futile attempt? I'm just setting myself up for failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews