Featured Post

The End (of the Beginning)

For my blog this may be the end, but as for me, it is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. It is simply the end of the begi...

Friday, January 20, 2017

Don't Wanna Know

Because it's so easy nowadays to keep tabs on an ex, we sometimes get more info than we bargained for. I mean, I sort of want to know when people I've dated get engaged and to who. But, honestly do I really want to know who everyone marries (so I can compare the girls that marry the exs that mattered to myself), when they have a kid, how often, how many...?

It's helpful to know when someone I may have thought about dating again gets engaged, so I can cross him off my list. Other than that, I mean, it's a little hard to hear time and again how everyone else is moving on with their lives and I'm just stuck doing the same thing over and over.

For example, a guy that I dated for an extended amount of time about four to five years ago, who got engaged very shortly afterward, I'm sure he can be well on the way to have a small brood in tow should I ever bump into him in the street. I'm just grateful that we don't live in the same city, and I don't have to worry about that. Point being, do I really want to know who he looks at the way he used to look at me?

My friends might act strange and not bring up his name, because it hurts to think about. I really do hope he's happy now. As for the details, I just don't wanna know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews